Friday 7 February 2014

I met a person at a meeting recently, and he was telling me that he missed his promotion recently. He said that the person who was promoted instead of him does not deserve that promotion, just because he belongs to a particular group which is a favourite of his boss, he got rewarded. He told me that every time it happens to him like this. He was spewing venom on the systems, fellow workers and the whole organisation. He has gone into a negative spiral altogether. His missing promotion is sad, but what worried me was his state of mind. He has mentally structured himself as a helpless victim of the destiny. A “poor me” attitude, which magnifies all the mistakes around. That incident triggered me to write this article. “Why me?”

1 comment:

  1. Another few years of service left is another type of negative spiral I have seen. Had I not been the student of gopast perhaps me too woould speak as a victim. Thank you sir for the words of wisdom.

    ReplyDelete